【香港今期六合皇彩图_信彩六和釆开奖记录 今期】UN chief condemns continued escalation of violence in Libya's capital
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Saturday condemned the continued escalation of violence in and around Libya's capital Tripoli, urging all parties to abide by a UN-brokered cease-fire agreement.
In a statement issued by Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for Guterres, the secretary-general particularly condemned "the use by armed groups of indiscriminate shelling leading to the death and injury of civilians, including children."
The indiscriminate use of force is a violation of international humanitarian and human rights law, the secretary-general said, adding that all parties should grant humanitarian relief for those in need and immediately cease hostilities.
The Interior Ministry announced a cease-fire in Tripoli on Friday under the auspices of the United Nations. However, witnesses confirmed that heavy gunfire and explosions could still be heard in parts of the city.
Rockets pummeled the Al-Waddan hotel near the government headquarters in central Tripoli on Saturday morning, injuring three people and damaging nearby buildings, the Tripoli Security Directorate said.
The capital has witnessed violent clashes since Monday between government forces and armed militias, which have so far killed 41 people and injured over 120 others.